Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Fills Transparent V23 on layouts.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am working on v23. Fairly new to this version.

using fills to highlight changes on floor plans in layouts.

Suddenly all fills have become transparent on all layouts. I did not select or press anything to do this.

I have been looking online for possible solutions for hours.

Its clearly not a model space issues, as im working on a layout.

Can someone please help me....i have importnat work to get out and help here in New Zealand in a freakn joke.

regards
john
10 REPLIES 10
Barry Kelly
Have you accidentally turned on the transparent fill option in the trace & reference palette?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi John,

Thank you for your question and I am very sorry about the experience!

From your description, it is difficult for me to grasp what is causing it. If you are in a rush, I would like to have a look at your file to figure out what the problem is about. Let me know if you need a link to securely send the file!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If you placed those Fill in the Floor Plan which is now transparent on the Layout: select the Drawing in which the Fill is transparent, right-click and use the "Open Source View" command from the context menu.
Then you should check what is causing the Fill Transparency. It is possible that a Graphic Override is applied to the View which hides Fill backgrounds. If that is the case, you should modify the Graphic Override saved with the View.
If this does not help, you should provide Minh with a file so he can look at it more thoroughly.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Eduardo Bell
Contributor
Hello, I am also experiencing the same issue. In my case it ONLY happens

1: In fills placed in LAYOUTS and with the Graphic scale fills in titles, AND
2: in files migrated from AC22 (some of which were originally created years before).

Due to this I have also been totally unable to use v23, quite bummed, have not been able find any work around.
Note: It does NOT happen in floor plan, sections etc AND it has nothing to do with trace reference settings.

Any help from GS would be greatly appreciated, seems like a migration issue.
v4.55 to v27-b4030 MacBookPro 8-Core Intel i9 16GB ram AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB vram OS Monterey v 12.7.1
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Eduardo wrote:
Hello, I am also experiencing the same issue. In my case it ONLY happens

1: In fills placed in LAYOUTS and with the Graphic scale fills in titles, AND
2: in files migrated from AC22 (some of which were originally created years before).

Due to this I have also been totally unable to use v23, quite bummed, have not been able find any work around.
Note: It does NOT happen in floor plan, sections etc AND it has nothing to do with trace reference settings.

Any help from GS would be greatly appreciated, seems like a migration issue.
Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for your question and I am very sorry for the experience!

This is a known issue to us, however this is not related to the migration process. The fix for this defect will be included in the second update of ARCHICAD 23.

The defect happens because Graphic Overrides rules are wrongfully affecting elements in Layout. To solve this issue, most of the time, a Graphic Overrides combination that may include the rule "Fill Background - Transparent" is what causes this. Delete this rule should fix the issue.

Sometimes, I found that it is caused by other rules as well, so just to be on the safe side, please try to delete each GO combination one by one, until the problem goes away, then look inside that combination and filter out which rule is the culprit!

I hope this will help you with the issue! Let me know if you have any further questions!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Eduardo Bell
Contributor
Thank you Minh for your reply. Unfortunately I have dozens of ongoing working files to migrate, so the work around proposed is not acceptable. I cannot charge for the time to fix these problems, nor I trust there will be no unforeseen consequences when the next fixes and new versions of AC come around.

Please also note that the only graphic scale integrated in a standard Layout title type, also does not display any visible color, therefore it is useless. To begin with and since forever, there is no fill control in the graphic scale title settings (a big omission IMO). Also please note that when exploding a placed drawing with this title type, the exploded graphic scale in the title, yields an AIR SPACE fill which is not visible. Furthermore when those fills are selected and changed to a solid 100% fill they still don't display at all. For me this is a first since AC4.5.

Do you know when is the next AC23 fix is being released? I still hope I can use AC23 for a bit before AC24 comes around. Thank you in advance for the time to look into this.
Ed
v4.55 to v27-b4030 MacBookPro 8-Core Intel i9 16GB ram AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB vram OS Monterey v 12.7.1
Lingwisyer
Guru
If you open a new AC23 file, are the fills still transparent in the scale bar?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Ed,

Thank you for the question and I am very sorry about the issue!

As Ling suggested, if you start a new file in ARCHICAD 23, is the scale bar visible in layout?

The fix for the issue mentioned in this thread has been implemented in the second update of ARCHICAD 23. At the moment, they are in the preview stage. The update can be download here: https://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/archicad/updates/?type=FULL&version=23&localization=USA

Let me know how it goes for you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Eduardo Bell
Contributor
Hello Minh, Ling,

Build 5003 fixed the fills in layouts display problem, including graphic scale fill visibility, which was occurring with migrated files only. Hurray!
Thank you so much for your help.
Sincerely, Ed