Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Filter and Cut Elements in 3D

DGSketcher
Legend
Is there a way to get the Cut Surface Display setting to default to "Use element attributes"?

Getting increasingly frustrated with taking quick marquee cuts to check connections only to be faced with the default solid fill across all the cuts.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
7 REPLIES 7
Eduardo Rolon
Under View Menu -> Element in 3D View -> Filter and Cut…
Change "Cut Surface Display"
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

DGSketcher
Legend
Hmmm, I guess there's not much point trying to get this on Gergely's to do list.

Trevor
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Eduardo Rolon
Change it in your template? Mine always are "Element Settings" by default.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

DGSketcher
Legend
Every job is different so I don't have a template. Maybe I should. I hadn't realised the setting was sticky in the project, it just seems like every time I take a cut view it has the solid fill. Thanks.
DGSketcher
Legend
OK. Not that sticky! Just come back to the drawing I was working on and it has gone back to solid fills...
Eduardo Rolon
Close all tabs except Floor Plan. Change settings and see if it sticks.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

DGSketcher
Legend
Thanks for the suggestion, it seems to be holding the setting so far...