Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Finetunning ArchiCAD drawings for CD & presentation form

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am looking to learn how to fine tune my drawings. Or to understand how to manipulate the tolerances of the different tools, like when trimming a wall to a roof. How do I get to the point in my drawing that you do not see stray lines of intersection from this tool application. How do I create a section so that the lines of the roof, wall and floor all converge and do not show the intersections?
Are there any ArchiCAD user groups that deal with fine tunning specifically in San Diego county?
Please advise, thank you.
3 REPLIES 3
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Sounds like you need to get a hold of your reseller, who I think is John Stebbins at Digital Vision Automation http://www.digitalvis.com/ I am sure he has organized a user group or user clinics down there somewhere.

You can also get specialized training from someone else like Matthew, Tom, Karl, myself, or even Erika Epstein who lives in the area.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
sng29 wrote:
....How do I create a section so that the lines of the roof, wall and floor all converge and do not show the intersections?...
To have the intersection lines not show I believe the intersecting objects (i.e. - roof, wall & floor must have the same fill pattern.
Rick Thompson
Expert
sng29 wrote:
How do I create a section so that the lines of the roof, wall and floor all converge and do not show the intersections?
Please advise, thank you.
I guess it also depends on the scale you are printing your sections. I manipulate them anyway.. so I turn them into a drawing. With just a small amount of work, you can add plates, headers, etc (if your project is wood), you can reflect the insulation properly. Personally, I find if they merge into one homogenous roof/wall whatever, they don't do the job. But, maybe you dealing with poured concrete?

I will attach a section. There is not as much added as it might seem. plates, beams, joist, rafters.. all with lines.. and I rolled back the insulation some. The whole building section might take 15 min.. quicker that trying to get the walls and roof to merge
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display