BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Finicky Master Layout Setting

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still new to the program but getting more comfortable. Silly question but I set up two different master sheets (24"x36" & 24"x42"). I started with the 24"x36" as a master sheet and then needed to switch to the longer sheet as it gave me more room for a long house. The problem is that the shorter master is still displaying with the longer sheet. When plotting only the longer one plots so I can get work out but it is pretty annoying to see both masters on the layout view. It must be something very simple that I am missing, any thoughts?
Thanks.
11 REPLIES 11
Barry Kelly
I have moved this to the "Working in Archicad" section of the forum.

Can you possibly post a screen shot of what you are seeing?

A layout page can only have one master - the master being the actual page size with any common info like page border lines, title blocks and logos - or it can be a completely blank page.

You can have many layout pages all using the same or different masters.

You can place as many drawings (views) as you want on each layout.

The master on a layout page can be changed at any time affecting just the page size and the common info on it - does not affect the placed drawings.

You can delete a mater if you don't want it any more but there is no need - just don't use it.

You can also delete layout pages that you don't need or you can set up a publisher list that simply ignores them and will only print the pages you want.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is the layout view. Two master sheets but only the correct one prints.
Will add the blank master next.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Blank master
dwg 2.jpg
Barry Kelly
Can't say I have seen this before.
The only way I can replicate anything like it is to set a second master as a trace reference - but then it appears with different colours and not the background master colour.

In your layout page swap the master for the short one.
Then change it back to the long one.
Other than that I am at a loss.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
We get this also and have since 13 or 14. Always presumed it was a bug. We generally just drag the drawings to a new clean layout.

The ghost master remains even if the file is closed and reopend
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Ridgebacks,

I will PM you so we can take a more detailed look into the matter. Once we determine the cause I will post any relevant findings here.

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
NCornia wrote:
Ridgebacks,

I will PM you so we can take a more detailed look into the matter. Once we determine the cause I will post any relevant findings here.

Best regards,
Did you find a cause/solution to this problem? I have had the same problem since upgrading to v17. Creating new layouts with the chosen new master is a work around but extremely annoying when working on documents with large numbers of layouts.

A solution would be great!

Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope. It still happens and the only way I can get around it is to completely delete the drawing sheet and make a new one with the correct master layout. Unfortunately just switching the settings doesn't seem to work for me.
still no answer from Graphisoft even though they said they would look at it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, well at least I now know it's not something I'm doing! So annoying though. I guess it's a bug? Hopefully Graphisoft can/will fix it at some point...
Learn and get certified!