BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Fixing a custom label width

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to make a wall tag that takes the of an object element ID from a wall and looks like a text box with an arrow right next to it. I made a text box with a background fill and outline and drew in the arrow at the size I want it to be at. I deselected 'Wrap text' in the text properties. I saved the arrowhead and the text box as a label. When I insert the label however, the text box comes out the same width as the original text box, rather than being the width of the text in the Element ID, which is what I would prefer (see attached image). Also, I would like the label to be inserted at the point of the arrowhead, however it is inserting at the top left corner.

Can anyone instruct me on how to fix these issues?

Thank you kindly!!
2 REPLIES 2
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for your question!

When you save a text with contour frame (and/or background fill) as a Label, the contour is broken down as polyline. Unfortunately, because of this process, the contour frame loses its connection to the actual text box. For this issue, I am very to say there is no workaround for it, as it is the limitation of the feature, as it was meant to be a basic custom label only.

For your second question, this is an easy one: you can choose the insertion to be at the pointer in the Label Settings, go down to Symbol Label Settings tab, you will see the Reference Point selection.

Here you can choose to insert at the pointer!

I hope I have answered all of your questions. Let me know if I can help you any further in this situation. Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

DGSketcher
Legend
You can create a label and drag it to where it is needed then re-associate it with a different element...

Ok it's not as good as a dedicated label, but if a GDL solution isn't an option it may help you complete your task.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Learn and get certified!