Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Flip line

mija
Enthusiast

Hello, 

I was wondering if there is a way to flip line direction without it going crazy 😂

I made my custom grass line and when I wanted to place it as green roof composite line it fliped. Is there a way to know in which direction it should be saved?

Also, how can I make it start from the bottom of the grass and not in the middle?

Archicad 25, build 4013
Montenegro
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

A custom line will always have the reference in the centre of the symbol (pattern).

So the trick is to add a hotspot the same distance below the pattern you are using so the centre becomes the bottom of the symbol.

Hotspots will not print.

As for the direction the pattern of the line takes, that depend on if you draw the line left to right or right to left.

With polygons it is if you draw clockwise or anti-clockwise.

Mirroring a polygon will flip the line, but that will only work for a symmetrical polygon, otherwise you will have to adjust or re-draw it.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Barry Kelly

A custom line will always have the reference in the centre of the symbol (pattern).

So the trick is to add a hotspot the same distance below the pattern you are using so the centre becomes the bottom of the symbol.

Hotspots will not print.

As for the direction the pattern of the line takes, that depend on if you draw the line left to right or right to left.

With polygons it is if you draw clockwise or anti-clockwise.

Mirroring a polygon will flip the line, but that will only work for a symmetrical polygon, otherwise you will have to adjust or re-draw it.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

With polylines, I normally use the magic wand tool to place a 2nd polyline on top of the 1st and replace it. If the pattern still has the wrong orientation, you first have to mirror the 1st polyline, use the wand tool, and then mirror the 2nd polyline back to its correct position.

Good luck! 🙂

Jonas

ArchiCAD 25 5005
MacOS 11.6.3 / MacOS 12.3