Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Floor Plan Cut Plane logic?

Hello there,

I don't understand the logic of Floor Plan Cut Plane (global setting) = FPCP.
There is a global setting, each view has a setting which overrides it, I guess.
but...
If you have a detail marker already in place and you modify the FPCP value everything goes bananas. The detail never picks up the change of the FPCP and after working in the detail, the FPCP resets itself at the default value (1.00m).
Only solution is to redraw the detail marker but this tedious and not quite OK for us.

Anyone could enlighten me, please?
Thank you.
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This is a curious limitation and I honestly don't know why there is such a limitation.
Seems like it stores the FPCP setting in effect at the time of its creation and this cannot be modified later no matter what you do. You would have to create a new Detail Viewpoint to change the FCPC settings.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Yes, that is correct.

I have found a workaround by going through each detail and resetting the FPCP value, sort of.
First you have to set-up the project map view of the plan, select the detail and open it with current view setting option (right click). Then Rebuild from Source View and finally Redefine With Current Windows Settings in the View Map.
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11