Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Floor plan cut plane and multiple buildings on a sloping site

Arcadia
Booster

I am working on a unit development. As per my usual practise I have the individual dwellings in their own pln file then a create a hotlink of each and import them into a 'master' pln where I create the site plan and do the terrain modelling etc. In this case there is about 4m height difference between the first and last building and no matter how much I play around with the floor plan cut plan I just can't find a setting that allows me to show all buildings with the correct cut showing windows and walls fills as they should. I could put them all on the same level and just treat it as a 2D site plan and calculate out all the earthworks and show them in 2D but I wanted to model the site for both accuracy and also so that I can share the model with the client.

Is there some way around this problem other than using composite walls set to symbolic cut? (I prefer and normally use complex walls).

V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
2 REPLIES 2
Lingwisyer
Guru

Split and stitch your site plan into multiple views with varying FPCP settings.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Yes I guess this would work but it does make the documentation process more of a pain. I'll consider it though - thanks!

V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
Learn and get certified!