BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Floor plan view of inclined steel beam

Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
How to you make a floor plan view of a steel beam that has an inclination of 5 degrees with the horizontal plane?
With sections you can align the section plane to be parallel with the inclination of a wall. The same is not possible with plan views, they are always parallel to the horizontal plane.
So how do you make a plan view with measurements of a steel beam with inclination?
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
10 REPLIES 10
ChrisB
Participant
Achille,

I use 3D documents regularly to produce all my fabrication drawings for beams & columns including end, base & finn plates, notched ends, shims, bolt centres etc...see attached...without too much trouble. In fact, I don't think there's anything, so far (touchwood!), that I haven't been able to do.

I couldn't quite work out from your images what you're trying to do. If it's anything like the drawing attached & you could give me a bit more detail, I'll do my best to help out...

AC16-24 Solo (latest version)
OSX 10.15.6 - MacBook Pro 16" 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 - 64Gb DDR4 - AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB
Learn and get certified!