Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Font Appearance

Karl Griffith
Booster
I need to use Romans font to meet client requirements. I can not get it to publish with black letters, as I can with Arial. Starting with an Arial font, and changing only the font to Romans results in a grayed out text when published. Even changing the pen to a heavier pen does make much difference. Any thoughts?
ArchiCAD 22

Win 10
6 REPLIES 6
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
Does it make any difference if you make it 'Bold"?
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Karl Griffith
Booster
No, it looks just the same.

A little research shows even Revit users have this problem - apparently something due to the nature of the font. So I might need to find a substitute which I have not yet found.
ArchiCAD 22

Win 10
Eduardo Rolon
ROMANS is the TTF version of an old 1980's AutoCAD font created for use in Pen Plotters. It is my understanding that you wil not find a bold version since the way to make it bold was to use a "thicker" technical pen when you sent the DWG to the plotter.
This font should not be a standard for any office.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Karl Griffith
Booster
I agree, but it is the standard for the State of New York Office of General Services
ArchiCAD 22

Win 10
Eduardo Rolon
Agree, they are using standards that is based on one particular software package which is "prohibited" under government rules. But this is so absurd that I think you will not be able to convince them that they are wrong on having that "font" as a standard.

RomanD is the "Bold" version of RomanS. Try to use it and see if they can detect the difference.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

vistasp
Advisor
ejrolon wrote:
RomanD is the "Bold" version of RomanS.
I'd completely forgotten about those bad old days.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |