BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Fonts displaying incorrectly after moving up to AC26.

Liamthanks
Booster

I am currently in the process of migrating my template into AC26 and the first thing I noticed was issues with my font and the way it is displayed on the screen.

It actually hurts my eyes to look at as the lines and text appear to be thicker / fuzzy when zoomed out. The text is also displaying a lot differently, sort of like it's a foreign font? 

To me, the lines and text when viewed in 24 were a lot 'cleaner' and more 'crisp' however this is not the case in the 26. Is there a setting or anything I can adjust? 

26.PNG24.PNG
AC24 Build 7000 AUS - Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 7 5800X, Radeon 5700 XT, M.2 NVME 0.5TB SSD, 32GB RAM
14 REPLIES 14
Mahalath
Beginner

Have also just upgraded to 26 - My fonts are OK but everything on the master layout is red - how do I fix this please? 

Thanks

That is an option in your Work Environment settings.

BarryKelly_0-1661149992383.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Too easy - thankyou! 

There was an interesting post from @Bernhard Binder on the GDC forum.

I hope he doesn't mind me posting it here.

I also do not recommend playing around with Registry values as it affects only that one user on that one machine.

The post was ...

To be precise: Fonts look ugly in AC26 and depending on the font you use the position is offset and size varies compared to AC25. It's an Windows only problem. There is a workaround:

https://graphisoft.atlassian.net/servic ... CBETA-1538

The legacy text engine is still available in Archicad 26 and can be activated by a Registry entry. I do not recommend stepping on this way and warn you that the legacy text engine will be removed in a later version. To activate it, open Registry Editor, navigate to HKCU\Software\GRAPHISOFT\Debug, add a new Key (folder) here with the name TextEngine and add a new DWORD under it with the name useUniscribe and value 1 (see attached image of this). The same can be achieved by opening a Command Prompt with administrator rights and running the following command:

Code: Select all

REG ADD HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GRAPHISOFT\Debug\TextEngine /v useUniscribe /t REG_DWORD /d 1

This is a per user setting so if you have multiple accounts on a computer working with Archicad, this Registry modification has to be done for all of them. Archicad must be restarted after.

Here is an example of the offset. The green fills indicate the boundary of fonts in AC25, file was opened in AC26. As you can see font Arial is nearly the same, ISOCP is offset nearly by the half of it's height.

BarryKelly_1-1661237591904.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Noted the same thing here: https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Design-forum/Strange-Behaviour-of-Text-in-large-zoom-scale-Archi...

And here also.  Check the pictures and the video

https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Design-forum/Zoom-Problem-Archicad-26/td-p/353795

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.
Learn and get certified!