BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Fonts

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear archicad talk group,
I have a lot of writing in my plans and when I save them as pdf some of the smaller fonts are not shown in the pdf and it's not because the fonts are too small and cant be read if printed(when I divide the plans into smaller ones and change the pdf paper size so that and their size isnt different from when they were saved as a whole all the fonts are shown)
I'm guessing I have to change some font settings so that I can print my plans with all the fonts but I dont know how
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear archicad talk group,
I have a lot of writing in my plans and when I save them as pdf some of the smaller fonts are not shown in the pdf and it's not because the fonts are too small and cant be read if printed(when I divide the plans into smaller ones and change the pdf paper size so that and their size isn't different from when they were saved as a whole all the fonts are shown.and also only 2 of the small fonts are shown and they seem to have the exact same specifications as the rest. I even used the pick up and inject parameters to make sure the specifications are the same but then even the 2 that were shown in the pdf disappeared..what am I missing?
please help me out
Barry Kelly
There are some fonts that just don't play nicely when saving as a PDF.
Certain character combination cause the text to disappear or turn into squares for each character.
Try changing all the text to ARIAL and I would guess that the PDF will be fine.

What font is it that you are using?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
yesssssssss...It worked...I actually thought I have to write them all over again..Thank you so much..you're a life saver
The font was a persian font that I had installed myself but since some of them did show It didnt occur to me to change the font
Learn and get certified!