Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

GDL Objects from 3DS file

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone tell me why the materials on GDL objects created from a 3ds file render differently to the materials settings? How do I fix or get around this problem?

Comments appreciated

Scooter

ps I have attached an example

Notice the stretched image over each segment
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
That is a good suggestion, however the roof form is made from various segments and each segment is applying its own direction. I am trying to achieve a uniformity accross the roof. Perhaps I need to seperate each individual piece as their own object and own material to gain more control. Another alternative is converting the 3ds file to dxf (3D) and importing it as an object then, this I will try and get back to you.
Dwight
Newcomer
Swell. Remember that the more objects you have, the more origins you have to swing..... but I am not convinced that Archicad has the chops to map these curves.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is the dxf version. Not happy with the result. I think I am going to resolve to photoshop (render as plain surface and texturise in Photoshop). Thanks for your input Dwight.
stefan
Expert
Scooter wrote:
Here is the dxf version. Not happy with the result. I think I am going to resolve to photoshop (render as plain surface and texturise in Photoshop). Thanks for your input Dwight.
The DXF file will not carry over the texture mapping...
3ds is your best bet. You might display a picture of the original 3ds file, since the first image you showed seemed to have a full mapping in place.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book