Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

GDL left behind – no Surface Texture in section

runxel
Legend

After intensive testing I came to the conclusion that surfaces with textures defined in GDL directly are not shown in sections/elevations where you've set them to show Surface Textures. (showing textures from normal materials work fine, tho)

This somehow matches the experience of James.

It is worrysome that GS has not learned from the mistakes of the past (BMATs anyone?)...

Will this functionality be delivered, GS? @Peter Baksa ? (:

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
3 REPLIES 3
Sunny75
Booster

Yeah I experienced the same issue, very frustrating. Working in the field of interior design, we really need this functionality!

BrunoH
Expert

Won't it make any difference if you create your Surface Textures in a Master GDL Script rather than in the object script itself as a Master GDL Script can create project's Attributes ?

ArchiCad 3.43 to 26
MacOS Monterey

Completely agree, it does not make sense that the implementation of textures in elevations/sections does not work with GDL generated materials. This would be a very welcome implementation for the Billboard tool, to show the PNG's in elevations. Precisely one of the automations that the tool provides is to not to have to create surfaces for each .png image.

Please consider to include this as a wish.

Archicad 26 ARM, MacBook Pro M1 Max 64Gb, macOS Monterrey.