Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

GO's not working in details

DGSketcher
Legend
AC21 4022 UKI Full

I am trying to apply a graphic override to my details and noticed that:

1: Fills are not changed
2: Some lines are coming in as poly lines and also do not change

Only by changing the source view can I get the GO settings to change. This means I need to have a set of views for my general sections and another set of the same views with the GO for my details which adds significantly to the number of stored views. I am creating the Detail views using the Drawing Organiser, applying the relevant GO and then saving the view as you can't change the GO settings in a saved view, but that's another issue.

Anyone else noticed this or can confirm GO's not working in details?
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
2 REPLIES 2
Podolsky
Ace
The reason why Graphic Override, Structure Display and Renovation filer are not working in 2D generated documents (i.e. Details and Worksheets), because typically details are created only once and do not have multiply use as if it would be section, elevation or plan.
The same floor plan can be used for planning application, structural setting out, general arrangement, reflected ceiling plan etc. that means same drawing is used for different project stages and by different disciplines.
When detail is used for only one stage. Also different disciplines (i.e. structure, architecture, MEP, interior design) usually have details of different locations. So, there is no real need to have graphic override switch available for details.
DGSketcher
Legend
Great, you have explained the principle of details but not addressed the technical issue / bug at the time in AC21. We are now on AC24, the software & my workflow have changed. The original post from October 2017 is no longer relevant and could have remained buried.

On a more general note, updating the view settings and the view content remains problematic in details. This is why I no longer use them and why there are growing calls for AC to deliver live details retaining their BIM data and put presentation control back in the hands of the user. Hopefully the restrictive workflow you described will be gone in the near future.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)