BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

General Light (Distant Falloff)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

i have a question about the General Light source.
In the book 'Lightworks in Archicad' they talk about the General Light and a setting called 'Distant Falloff'........i searched everywhere but here no such a thing like 'distant falloff' in my settings......(see attachment)

anybody an idea??

Tnx John♦

general light.jpg
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
This light was "fixed" in AC11. You can download the old version (which actually works) from the Object Depository.
Dwight
Newcomer
Hey. It is "They," here.

In addition to the faux pas of not listing your version of Archicad in your Archicad Talk forum signature to save me the time asking you what your version is, i can safely assume you are working in Archicad 11 where Graphisoft, in its wisdom, replaced the great general light that saved so many illustrations in my book with a lousy general light that ruins them.

I have looked in my database of registered book users and your e-mail does not appear. Unless this is an oversight on my part for which i apologize in advance, had you registered your purchase [page 3], you would have received prompt notice of both the Archicad 10 and Archicad 11 changes to LightWorks rendering including light source changes.

In any event, the general light source in Archicad 11 is different and if you want to replicate the exercises in the book, you can download the old General Light 9 by visiting this Forum's GDL Object Depository: 16 Electrical> Light Sources.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I bought the book a few weeks ago and did register, and got an answer from you where i can get the files, so look again i would say.....

I started reading the book and did not get to the downloaded files yet....
It's very interesting to read, a bit difficult for me because my foreign language is dutch....

Tnx for the response , i will get the old light because this one really sucks.

if there is something wrong with my registration let me know, i will send the mail again.

greetings John
Dwight
Newcomer
who can say what address you used - but if you look at the Archicad 11 update the light info is there.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
i got the light and it works fine....TNX!

i will send you the email again with the registration for my addres.

Greetings John
Dwight
Newcomer
The one thing to be poetic about amidst the disaster of LightWorks in Archicad 9 and they ruined it.
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!