Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Generic Label 19 - Surface Area

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have used the Generic Label to report the ID and the Surface area of a composite Roof. It was reporting about 2 times as it should. I created a Fill of the same roof and the (normal to plan) area reported correctly. Since the roof surface is pitched (only 1:12 in this case) you could expect the actual surface area to be larger the area calculated by a fill which is normal (or perpendicular) to plan surface. Yet is reporting a bit over twice of what you would expect.
Also if would be beneficial to have the plan area reported for rainfall area calculations and not the sloped surface area.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Zoomed in to label and Area Fill area
Barry Kelly
I haven't looked at it but I am wondering if the surface is simply give the total for all surfaces - top, bottom and sides?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Jay:

The parameter Value should have a selection arrow that allows this parameter to be changed from Entire Surface Area to Sum of Selected Surfaces, which then adds parameters for surfaces to be added to the total.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David it looks as if you have different options available in the surface area.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I was using AC19, yet the Library part was the Generic Label 18 from the Migrated library. I will attempt this using the Generic Label 19 with the adjustments you show.