Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Get direction window is facing

Anonymous
Not applicable
In a window schedule, can I get the direction a window is facing. I know the information is in there somewhere but I can't see anywhere to extract the data. I know I can insert the direction manually into the schedule but it would be nice to do it automatically. I need the window direction for a energy modeling program I use.
Kris
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
No one has a clever idea?
Kris
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
As in South, North etc?

I don't think the window 'knows' this.

The Energy Evaluation addon might have this data, but the GDL object for the window itself does not have a parameter for this.

So yes, you'd have to manually set it for your windows (for example with a property) and schedule that.

At least, as far as I know.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I saw a schedule from the Bim Bakery add on that included the compass direction which led me to believe that AC somehow knows the window direction. I will look at the Energy Evaluation add on. Thanks.
Kris
DGSketcher
Legend
I add a tag to my window IDs manually with NSEW. In theory it shouldn't be that difficult to determine within AC and as already said the EE can work it out so why can't it be a parameter in schedules?

Perhaps the new parameter evaluation in 22 will make it possible?

There is a wish for it floating around somewhere if you want to add your name.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
GDL does have a way to know the North set up in project. Probably with some clever scripting you could determine direction for windows, but in the standard library objects this is not being done at the moment. So you would end up with custom objects.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5