BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

'Ghost' Duplicate Elevation Marker - Bug?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've recently came across this issue on a few different occasions on 19 and 21 and can't figure out what is causing it.

When a user duplicates an elevation by using CTRL+D copy function you end up with 2 identical markers in floor plan but it still only shows 1 Elevation in the project map.

You can rename either of them and they will both change names, or delete one of them and they will both delete. However you can change one of the story height settings and only that marker will change.

So far I have tried:
1) Rebuilding markers
2) Saving file, closing and reopen
3) Deleting teamwork data

I'm struggling to find the logic behind it and can't always replicate the issue. Has anybody experienced this before?
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I could not duplicate this in AC21, update 5021. When I copy the Elevation Marker, a new Elevation is created in the Project Map, always (if it is a Source Marker).
Are you doing this in a Solo project or Teamwork Project?
What is the Marker Type setting? Source Marker? Linked Marker? Is it the same for both?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
LaszloNagy wrote:
I could not duplicate this in AC21, update 5021. When I copy the Elevation Marker, a new Elevation is created in the Project Map, always (if it is a Source Marker).
Are you doing this in a Solo project or Teamwork Project?
What is the Marker Type setting? Source Marker? Linked Marker? Is it the same for both?
I have only seen it with source markers and have experienced it in solo and teamwork projects albeit very rarely.
I believe it may have something to do with locked markers which are unlocked and duplicated, although I am struggling to replicate this in other files as well.
Learn and get certified!