BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Glass Settings

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am looking for a good glass texture setting for a glass table i'm doing. I really need to have the edge of the glass define to give it a realistic feel of glass used for coffee tables.
If someone can post there settings used in previous renderings would be greatly appreciated. I have posted a pic of a rendering done by a fellow architalk member. I need my glass to look similiar to what they used in their rendering.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think a single texture/material setting will get the results you seek. LightWorks in ArchiCAD does not handle the refraction necessary to get the dark edges. You could try using a slab with a light glass material for the top and bottom and a darker one for the edges.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, see Dwight's book, Lightworks in ArchiCAD Page 159. Just what you're after. Standard glass material on the top and bottom surfaces, high refraction glass with a green tint for the edges (slab).
Dwight
Newcomer
It is worthwhile to point out that this approach can't be easily applied to a library object table because of the difficullty of remapping materials on the glass table top. A GDL guy could do it, but it is a fair piece of work.

If you use a plain old slab as the table top, however, it becomes easy.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm actually building my coffee table using the slab tool so i guess applying those textures should not be hard.
Learn and get certified!