Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Glass in White Model render

I would like to reproduce the effect of showing the glass with its settings in a White Model render but I don't know how I did it.
The glass in the car windows it not the same as the glass in the windows - but they have been assigned the same material. Glass: Blue/Ice*

?? Where are the settings I must have made to do this?

2017-09-21_9-54-47.png

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

1 REPLY 1
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I guess that the difference you see is because the car probably uses a 0 thickness single surface for the glass, while windows use glass with thickness.

Sadly, graphic overrides only get you about 90% of the way there: you can override everything to be white but glass surfaces, however it will not work with doors/windows and I would guess objects.

The one time I wanted a 'mixed' white render effect, I ended up setting the windows/doors to white paint and keeping the glass and filtering them out of the override.

So if you don't mind messing with your model a bit to achieve what you are after, it can be done.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5