Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Globally change trees (Libarary Parts) keeping sizes

Anonymous
Not applicable
I need to change a number of trees that I have inserted on a 3D site from trees that show individual leaves and branches to ones that are more solid. If I try and select all the trees and change them from the current type of tree to another type it changes the size of all the trees (each is currently different) to the default size of the new type of tree. The location and elevations of the trees are kept for each tree but not the size (length, width and height) I have a lot of trees and this would be a lot of work that I would prefer not to do. Is there a way to change all the trees from one type to another without losing the individual sizes?

Thanks in advance for any help.

David Rulon
Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2
Pentium (R) 4 CPU 3.00Ghz ! GB RAM
Archicad 9.0.0.8306
5 REPLIES 5
Djordje
Ace
jdrulon wrote:
Is there a way to change all the trees from one type to another without losing the individual sizes?
Transfer the parameters (CTRL ALT syringe) to the preview picture in the bottom left of the Library manager
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the help. I tried what you suggested but it seemed to changed all the trees to the same size. I must be doing something wrong. Do you use the control alt key first to absorb the information on one tree or do you select all trees and do what you suggest? Do you need to absorb the information one tree at a time or can it be done globally?

Thanks again in advance for the help.
David
Erika Epstein
Booster
I don't believe you can change only some of the parameters. Can you sort the trees by size and do them in batches?

On another note, if you are trying to reduce rendering time, you could try
-trees that are more detailed based on how close you are to them. If they are farther from the camera their geometry will be simplified.

-try using picture mapping. I know this topic has been discussed in the forum many times before. It's also covered in DNC's Cookbook

-Dwight's latest book has several techniques for addressing these situations.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
TomWaltz
Participant
jdrulon wrote:
Thanks for the help. I tried what you suggested but it seemed to changed all the trees to the same size. I must be doing something wrong. Do you use the control alt key first to absorb the information on one tree or do you select all trees and do what you suggest? Do you need to absorb the information one tree at a time or can it be done globally?

David
Djordje's solution does make all the trees the same.
Tom Waltz
Djordje
Ace
TomWaltz wrote:
jdrulon wrote:

David
Djordje's solution does make all the trees the same.
Only if all are done at once.

If every one is different, than the parameter transfer goes one by one.

If there are groups if identical ones, then in batches.

Polygon count control by default would be good ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!