Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Google Earth Connection Snapshot in Black and White

Anonymous
Not applicable
When using the snapshot function for the Google Earth Connection Add on, the Google Earth image comes into Archicad to the correct scale and orientation, which is very nice, BUT the image is in Black and White. I have looked through the Google Earth Connection manual and the settings within Google Earth itself and cannot find a setting to have the image be in color. Does anyone else have this problem. or how to fix it?

I have attached a Lightworks rendering showing the color building and the black and white images.

thanks,

Jeff
2 REPLIES 2
Erika Epstein
Booster
See Karl Ottenstein's tip here
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Karl Ottenstein
Thanks, Erika. I should add another probably obvious tip - besides saving the color image from GE, to replace the B/W one, consider opening the color image in a photo editor first to do some adjustments. Besides cloning out some of the Google text (much of which can be turned off in the GE view options) - I found that to get a good Lightworks render, I needed to adjust the image levels a bit. For areas with water, the Google satellite imagery often shows splotchy odd colors. It's nice to smooth that out and overlay some blue, etc...

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB