Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Google Earth connectivity add-on for ArchiCAD10

Not applicable
Dear All,

I am glad to inform you that the native ArchiCAD 10 compatible Google Earth add-on is available for download. Although, it is still in beta phase, we would like to share it with you, and ask for your contribution in the testing and evaluation process. Please, feel free to share your thoughts either in this thread or in a personal message. All comments are welcome, I am eager to get your feedback how we can make this tiny add-on as useful as possible.

Usage: The Google Earth – ArchiCAD data exchange is quite similar to Sketchup:

- Download the following file and unpack it:
GE Connectivity Add-on for Archicad 10

- Backup and then replace the “GSXML.dll” file in your ArchiCAD 10 folder and copy the “Google Earth In-Out.apx” under the [Add-Ons\Import-Export] folder.

- Download and install the latest Google Earth program (http://earth.google.com)

- Create Google Earth placemarks, polygons, or paths. (Polygons and paths can be generated from Google Earth Plus or Pro) and export them.

- In ArchiCAD you can either open or merge the Google Earth KMZ/KML file.

- Once you have positioned your model, switch to 3D view and save your work into Google Earth format.

It’s quite simple, isn’t it?

Note: Macintosh platform is not supported yet, but we will soon release the compatible version.
35 REPLIES 35
TomWaltz
Participant
Nice to see the Mac version is "coming soon"
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
PeterKis wrote:
Note: Macintosh platform is not supported yet, but we will soon release the compatible version.
Good to hear. At least I've got XP on my MacBook Pro.
Thomas Holm
Booster
Matthew wrote:
PeterKis wrote:
Good to hear. At least I've got XP on my MacBook Pro.
SSHHH, Matthew, don't tell them that! They might feel they don't need to develop for the Mac anymore!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
This is great, but where do we send our beta test reports?

There's already a problem of not being able to select anything in the 3D window after exporting.

I'd also like to know how we can upload our 3D models to the Google server along with placemarks for the public to view.

Cheers,
Link.
Not applicable
Link wrote:
This is great, but where do we send our beta test reports?

There's already a problem of not being able to select anything in the 3D window after exporting.

I'd also like to know how we can upload our 3D models to the Google server along with placemarks for the public to view.

Cheers,
Link.
"Please, feel free to share your thoughts either in this thread or in a personal message. All comments are welcome, I am eager to get your feedback how we can make this tiny add-on as useful as possible."

3D Models can be uploaded to Warehouse with Sketchup free.

Regs,
Peter
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
"Please, feel free to share your thoughts either in this thread or in a personal message. All comments are welcome, I am eager to get your feedback how we can make this tiny add-on as useful as possible."
OK - thanks. In that case please accept the selction (or lack thereof) bug.

I would also like to ask how the orientation of the resulting Google Earth view is determined. I have tried all different kinds of perspective and axonometric angles.
3D Models can be uploaded to Warehouse with Sketchup free.
Are you saying that we are unable to do this in ArchiCAD? If not, will this be available to us, or is it just that they are the same company?

Cheers,
LInk.
GSHQfadmin
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
You can use the exported KMZ/KML files only in Google Earth. Sketchup is inavitable right now, because Warehouse accepts only skp (SketchUp) files.

I've reproduced the selection problem I will upload the corrected version ASAP.

Peter
GSHQfadmin
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Link wrote:
I would also like to ask how the orientation of the resulting Google Earth view is determined. I have tried all different kinds of perspective and axonometric angles.
Camera orientation information is not transferred yet. In a later revision we will implement this feature.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is Mac version coming?
joseph