Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Google Earth connectivity add-on for ArchiCAD10

Not applicable
Dear All,

I am glad to inform you that the native ArchiCAD 10 compatible Google Earth add-on is available for download. Although, it is still in beta phase, we would like to share it with you, and ask for your contribution in the testing and evaluation process. Please, feel free to share your thoughts either in this thread or in a personal message. All comments are welcome, I am eager to get your feedback how we can make this tiny add-on as useful as possible.

Usage: The Google Earth – ArchiCAD data exchange is quite similar to Sketchup:

- Download the following file and unpack it:
GE Connectivity Add-on for Archicad 10

- Backup and then replace the “GSXML.dll” file in your ArchiCAD 10 folder and copy the “Google Earth In-Out.apx” under the [Add-Ons\Import-Export] folder.

- Download and install the latest Google Earth program (http://earth.google.com)

- Create Google Earth placemarks, polygons, or paths. (Polygons and paths can be generated from Google Earth Plus or Pro) and export them.

- In ArchiCAD you can either open or merge the Google Earth KMZ/KML file.

- Once you have positioned your model, switch to 3D view and save your work into Google Earth format.

It’s quite simple, isn’t it?

Note: Macintosh platform is not supported yet, but we will soon release the compatible version.
35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous
Not applicable
We are all waiting patiently for the MAC version. Any idea when it will be released for AC10?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Richard wrote:
We are all waiting patiently for the MAC version. Any idea when it will be released for AC10?
Yes, I think most of us will agree that Apple/Mac has gone out way of their way to accomodate PC users. It would be nice to see some reciprocation on programs like this and more, no?;0)

Grenderer
PatriciaLe_o
Participant
Hello! I tried with a project we already finished and it worked pretty well! I think it must be very useful, specially on more urbanized places. And with better models, as well!
MontagemMeco12.jpg
Patricia Leão

AC21 INT Full
MacOSHighSierra
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have I missed something or is there still no word on the Mac version?
Anonymous
Not applicable
A question,

im a student, and im using ArchiCAD 10 for 5 months now I think. Im trying to work with Cinema 4D and MaxonForm so I can change objects for ArchiCAD.

Now I downloaded this Google Earth Addon to give it a try (cause I dont know SketchUp) Now my problem is: I can only get the Markship Logo in Archicad, no pictures of buildings or what so ever.

What am I doing wrong here?

Regardz, SdNA
Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently saw an example of a building site surrounds modelled with archicad with the google earth image set over the top of the mesh. So what the architect did was lift up the mesh where there were hills and surrounding buildings were lifted also.

This gave a very real looking site context for the archicad building model. I hope to try this approach soon.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have actually been doing this sort of thing for years by a different method.

First I open Google earth and turn off the terrain then I save high resolution Arial pictures into a folder so that I can tile them together later in Photoshop. Once I finish tiling the images into one large image and crop it I insert it into ArchiCad first as a “Figure”. Then once I have scaled the image to match up with the Topo that I did I can use the dimensions of the figure to scale the material that I make out of the same image. When all is said and done the ArchiCad mesh looks just like Google earth and we can then use it in renderings, fly through, and sun studies.
lots google.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
Have I missed something or is there still no word on the Mac version?
The mac version has been out for a little while now and the bugs are all worked out. You need to download it and have some fun. I think it is the most useful tool for the money out there.
Anonymous
Not applicable
chriszolezzi wrote:
The mac version has been out for a little while now and the bugs are all worked out. You need to download it and have some fun. I think it is the most useful tool for the money out there.
Oh, great!

Where can I find the download link?
__archiben
Booster
chriszolezzi wrote:
not according to this it hasn't:

http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/solutions/su_plugin_download.html

where are you getting your information from?!

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup