Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Graphic Overide help

Too Long
Enthusiast
Hi all.

Iis it possible to create a GO rule so the walls in floor plan looks like this?

and the section looks like this:

The issue im having is that the cavity gest filled along with the wall in plan per below?

thanks all.

AC26 AUS Full
5 REPLIES 5
LucaP
Enthusiast
Hi,

The reason why the whole wall gets overridden is unfortunately how GO works - it overrides whole element.

There is a workaround though - BM (Building Materials) are using specific pens to display hatching. You could create a pen set where both fill pen and fill background pen for wall's main BM are "brown" (like in your example) and that is how you would get Solid fill for a wall leaving cavity transparent.

You can find pen numbers in BM settings (I recommend not overriding them in there but instead create special pen set for the view you want)

Łukasz Pietraszko
ArchiCAD 26 PL, since AC20 | WIN 10 Home
Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB | 500 GB SSD
Too Long
Enthusiast
Thanks.

So itll be a separate pen set for the floor plan and a separate pen set for sections?

Is this right?

AC26 AUS Full
LucaP
Enthusiast
Exactly.

Just save that new pen set, apply it to your floor plan view and that's it.
Łukasz Pietraszko
ArchiCAD 26 PL, since AC20 | WIN 10 Home
Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB | 500 GB SSD
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another option, is to set all fills to 0% and background pen color as you wish. Once the air material has no background, it will appear white. Like this:

The only problem is that you can't have the skin lines to appear. But for me it would not be a big deal.
Hope this helps.
Too Long
Enthusiast
Thanks Braza.

AC26 AUS Full