Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Graphic Override Combinations - Duplication bug?

Takis
Expert
Hi, in Archicad 21 I have noticed that when making a new Graphic Override by duplicating an existing one, then both are connected together and whatever changes are made to either one affects the other for the same rule.

To create a totally new Graphic Override, must be created totally new. This action has no affect on other Graphic Overrides.

Takis.
12 REPLIES 12
Takis
Expert
Barry hi is it possible to have a rule where fill background pen is transparent but with color?
On plan view I want to have my columns cut background fill with color but I can't see reinforcement objects because are hidden by the fill.

Is there a way to make a rule for structural concrete background fill transparent but with color?

I know that this question doesn't belong here but please if you have an answer I would like to read it.

Many thanks.

Takis.
Barry Kelly
It should be possible if you want just a single solid colour with transparency.

Try creating a rule that sets cut fills to be 25% or 50% and be sure to set the background pen for cut fills to transparent (pen 0).
You can change the criteria to search just for columns if you want or you can be more specific by searching for columns in a certain layer with a certain building material, etc.

But if you want the column to have the structural concrete fill (triangles and dotted hatch) then you need to set that fill (or don't override the fill if it is already correct in your columns.
However you can only have a solid colour or fully transparent fill for the background.
You won't be able to have a semi-transparent coloured background.

As with any fill the background can only be solid coloured or fully transparent.
It is the foreground pen (or hatch pen) that provides an overlaying colour in the hatch pattern that you choose.
The % fills have a semi-transparent foreground hatch that will allow the background colour to show through.
If the background pen is set to transparent then you will see everything else behind that fill as well.
If the background pen is set to a colour then it will block anything behind it but a % of that background colour will show through the % hatch.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry Kelly
So basically this is what you can get.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11