Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Graphic Override - Windows and Slabs

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all, how its going?
Ive been using archicad only for a month or so, so maybe thats a really newbie question, im right now stucked with the graphic overrides cause I cant figure out how to control some fills.
Ive set a graphic override rule for "all cover fills" and a blue color (just for testing) and that doesnt cover the slab, then another rule just for the windows in orange and that only fills the window itself, not the hole where the window is in, id like to be both.
And im trying to set a new rule to fill the slab of the floor, but it does not work, ill put some screenshot so u can understand me.
Thank u so much.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru
Many materials have a blank Vectorial Hatching by default.

Select your slab (or mesh, etc) => Object Settings => Floor Plan And Section => Cover Fills

You can either select one from the Cover Fill list, or set it to use the Surface's fill.

The Surface's fill can be modified under the Options => Element Attributes => Surfaces => [Relevant Material] => Vectorial Hatching.

Fills themselves can be customised under Options => Element Attributes => Fill Types

Regards,

Ling.

ps. You'll also want to check the Fill Type box and select the second option in the Override dialogue if you're wanting to blanket replace the cover fill.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Lingwisyer
Guru
If the vector pattern for your slab is blank, then changing the Override won't change anything except for how the edges of slabs is drawn in plan. Cutting them on the other hand will result in changes to how the cut fill is drawn. You could set an Override for the surface fill, but that might appear misleading...

I haven't really used Overrides in 2D so I'm not sure how to set the Wallhole to be the same Override as the window that created it...

Ling.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, thank u so much for answering, just a question, when u say that "If the vector pattern for your slab is blank"
what is the vector pattern or where can I find it?

thank u so much
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru
Many materials have a blank Vectorial Hatching by default.

Select your slab (or mesh, etc) => Object Settings => Floor Plan And Section => Cover Fills

You can either select one from the Cover Fill list, or set it to use the Surface's fill.

The Surface's fill can be modified under the Options => Element Attributes => Surfaces => [Relevant Material] => Vectorial Hatching.

Fills themselves can be customised under Options => Element Attributes => Fill Types

Regards,

Ling.

ps. You'll also want to check the Fill Type box and select the second option in the Override dialogue if you're wanting to blanket replace the cover fill.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank u so much for your help ❤️