Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Graphic Override for 2D Associated Elements

n_b
Contributor

Hi, I'm wondering if what I'm trying to do is possible with graphic overrides:

To show a custom Property assigned to a door (in this case, type of lock) and have that be associated with a 2D element, e.g. a Label, but appearing as a solid colour shape, instead of text. The colour would be dictated by the Graphic Override.

Unfortunately, the Graphic Override rules for Labels don't pick up the Properties of the door they are associated to. Is there any way to do this?

Untitled.png
2 REPLIES 2

This is something I have wanted to do since the introduction of graphic overrides. I have found a way to change the colour of the whole door and door dimension marker using GO’s. We have recently used it to differentiate between a new door set, a new door set in an existing opening and a new door leaf in an existing frame in a renovation project. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

Likewise.

We have used it as a visual differentiation for Hollow Metal Doors / Aluminum Doors / Wood Doors / FRP Doors.

I never found a way to single out the Door Marker from the door itself using GO's though.

AC24 / AC26
Win10