BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Graphic Overrides and Cut Objects

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am using graphic overrides for my interior elevations in order to have the graphics differ from the floor plan. (since the objects don't allow you to have a different pen in floor plan and section/elevation) Where I am running into a problem is that I would like to have my objects have a different pen when it is getting cut through vs. when it is not. I know that in the object's settings you can override the cut line pen, but then the graphic overrides override that setting. As far as I can tell, you can't distinguish between cut and non-cut objects in the graphic overrides. Is there a way to achieve what I want to do or do I need to sadly abandon using the model generated views?
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, unfortunately this is not possible because the Graphic Override cannot make a distinction between a Cut Line and an Uncut Line and overrides both types of lines in Viewpoints.
This would be a good wish for Graphic Overrides.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
lukegolesh
Participant
Is this still case for 24? I see the 'cut' and 'uncut' criteria options associated with 'wall', but it seems to me that it will still do one or the other. The cut and uncut criteria work, but the entire wall will do (or not do) the override. Please let me know if anyone has had better luck. Thanks!
Archicad 24
macOS Catalina Version 10.15.5
Macbook Pro - 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
No, I don't see any changes. It works the same way as before.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
jl_lt
Ace
Hi! Maybe i'm not understanding correctly, but why not you just use a new penset for sections? This, combined with the graphics overrides, could give you the result You need (different plan and section, same pen number for a give object, as i understand).
lukegolesh
Participant
Thanks LaszloNagy and thanks jl_lt for the thought. Speaking for myself, I have come across a handful of instances- as often in plan as in section- where it would be helpful to do a graphic override of the cut lines of a wall only, separate from the uncut lines. In plan it is often with complex profiles, but can occur with separate walls- one uncut and the other cut. These are in the same view and often the same line type/ pen type, so changing pens wouldn't help, but I appreciate the idea and will keep it in mind for certain circumstances.
Archicad 24
macOS Catalina Version 10.15.5
Macbook Pro - 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
Learn and get certified!