Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Graphic Overrides and cutted object contour

Anonymous
Not applicable
Since I started to use Graphic Overrides I tried to find a rule combination to get flat grey walls (and all cutted buliding parts), holding a black havy contour. This in addition of using stratified walls and slabs... only a override. But If I hide separator lines, I'm unable to get all contour lines between different materials. I tried even to use different layer numbers, but im many case, contour line are not visible. I bundle two images of what I want to get and what I'm able to obtain from Archicad (23). An I bundle my override to, hoping for some suggestion that can solve the matter without having to go over the contours with lines, as I am doing now.
7 REPLIES 7
jl_lt
Ace
i dont know italian, so maybe im wrong. but it would seem to me you have many separated rules. have you tried integrating fill and contour in the same rule, or at least moving the contour rule up in the list?

material priority order might also affect
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just in case: Did you try select the mesh and send it to background?
runxel
Legend
Pretty sure this issue is related to this.

tl;dr:
The mesh needs a thicker pen than the wall.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your suggestion, but if I override terrain line (for section contour) with a heavier line, I can see heavier line where they was before, but none where they wasn't.
I tried to change ground material priority number from as low as 140 to 940, but nothing changed.
Ground and walls/foundations have different priority number in layer settings, but seem not to affect the separation line between the elements.
Anonymous
Not applicable
jl_lt wrote:
i dont know italian, so maybe im wrong. /cut
I'll add the screenshots of the last four override rule (it's much easier then try to explain them, and I guess easier to understand). The first three are about zones (not sure it's there right translation... I mean stamp tool), doors and windows, and furnishings, and I pretty sure they won't have any impact about the problem.
runxel
Legend
No, maybe I should have explained it better:
The mesh it self needs a bigger contour pen. Don't override! Change it in the mesh's settings.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Anonymous
Not applicable
runxel wrote:
No, maybe I should have explained it better:
The mesh it self needs a bigger contour pen. Don't override! Change it in the mesh's settings.
Oh, yess!! This worked
It seems even a kind of workaround, but it's better than draw mash contours with polylines.
And after changing mesh contour pen (even from 0,35 o 0,36 mm), it can be overwritten through graphic overrides with the same pen I used previously (that's the same I use for walls, foundation, slabs, etc.
If I use another but thinner pen instead, the issue remains...
So I guess this behavior should be considered a bug.