Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Graphic Overrides applying differently in View Map vs on Layout Sheet

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi! New ArchiCAD user here. I have been teaching myself ArchiCAD by trial and error, watching lots of videos and frequently finding my answers in this forum. Now I have an issues that I can't find the resolution for in any of the usual resources.
I have a few drawings that have graphic over-rides applied to them. They look great when seen in the View Maps, but when placed on the sheet part of what should be solid black fill goes yellow.
See attached images of one example, but this happens on a few of them and not always with the same graphic over-ride. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
If you have placed the view on the layout (as a drawing) then it will be using the same Graphic Overrides, Renovation Filter, Layer, Scale, etc., as set in the View Settings.

Have a look at the 'Drawing Settings' of the drawing in the layout.
You may be using a different pen set to the one you have used in the view.
It is possible to change the pen set used there so pens 60 and/or 253 may be yellow in that pen set rather than black as in the view pen set.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Barry Kelly
If you have placed the view on the layout (as a drawing) then it will be using the same Graphic Overrides, Renovation Filter, Layer, Scale, etc., as set in the View Settings.

Have a look at the 'Drawing Settings' of the drawing in the layout.
You may be using a different pen set to the one you have used in the view.
It is possible to change the pen set used there so pens 60 and/or 253 may be yellow in that pen set rather than black as in the view pen set.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bingo!! It was a different pen set in the Drawing Settings than used everywhere else.
Thank you! It seems I had tried everything and looked everywhere except Drawing Settings. I thought it would have kept the Pen Sets that it had in the View Map, so assumed I was doing something wrong with the graphic overrides.
🙂