Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Graphic Overrides based on Expressions of area

Josh Verran
Expert

We are frequently getting feedback that recipients are having trouble open PDF plans due to the vectorial hatches.
One of the main culprits on our end is paved surfaces (driveways).
I have set up an expression [string] (IF ( {Property:General Parameters/Area} > 50 m2, "Yes", "No" )).

With the hope that I could graphic override those elements whose value read as "Yes", to simple background fill.

However, this property does not show in the available criteria of Graphic Overrides.
I also tried a variation as a True/False this also did not show.

Any idea why this is happening?

Screenshot 2021-10-08 133922.pngScreenshot 2021-10-08 134026.pngScreenshot 2021-10-08 134055.png

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
6 REPLIES 6
Josh Verran
Expert

Also tried to concatenate data but still doesn't show.

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Certain parameters and properties are not available as Graphic Override criteria. Here is the reason why:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Document-Visualize-forum/Expressions-Property-Value-type-dont-sh...

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Josh Verran
Expert

Thanks Laszlo, although I can't achieve what I'm after, nice to know it wasn't user error.

I don't suppose anyone could suggest an alternative method to GO these fills based on size?

We have a reasonably concise list of building materials with corresponding fills and surfaces.

I have tried my utmost to avoid duplicating building materials (conc-1, conc -2 etc) for the purpose of workarounds like the above.

We have a concrete material which looks like a concrete fill should look, I want to avoid creating another concrete just so we can improve PDF reading, if that makes sense.

DGSketcher
Legend

@Josh Verran Shot in the dark, could you simply assign a GO in your view settings relevant to the drawing scale. So if you have 1:50 drawings the GO changes all fills to "Background" pattern and at say 1:10 there is no GO assigned to the view?  

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

With a 2 step progress to avoid this limitation, you can get this to work.

Have a 2nd property that you have to manually flag and use Find & Select criteria to find your first property.

You can save the find & select search to use it each time.

To make it a bit easier you could just convert the area to a number with STRTONUM ( STRCALCUNIT ( {Property:General Parameters/Area} ) ) and use find & select to determine if it larger than x amount.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Josh Verran
Expert

Thanks Laszlo, although I can achieve what I'm after, nice to know it wasn't user error.

I don't suppose anyone could suggest an alternative method to GO these fills based on size?

We have a reasonably concise list of building materials with corresponding fills and surfaces.

I have tried my utmost to avoid duplicating building materials (conc-1, conc -2 etc) for the purpose of workarounds like the above.

We have a concrete material which looks like a concrete fill should look, I want to avoid creating another concrete just so we can improve PDF reading, if that makes sense.