Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Graphic Overrides for Presentations

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to set up the override to change one elements color? For example, we are trying to set up overrides for color presentations vs. b/w construction documents. I assumed the most effective way to achieve this would be to set up an override that we would assign to the drawings we want in color.

I've tried setting up rules to change glass to blue but have not been successful. Seems like its either change the whole element, not just the glass, or none at all. I would like to keep the curtain wall mullions as white and just have the glass show up as blue. The bottom image is showing correctly for the b/w construction documents without the graphic override.

These are the settings I'm using. Any ideas on what I need to add/change to get only the glass to change color?

This is eventually the graphic style we would like to achieve. Maybe I'm going about this the wrong way. What suggestions do you have? The firm uses ArchiCAD 20. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I can't see the pictures, but for what you said, I think that Graphic overrides don't go inside an element, I mean that, you can not define a graphic override for the frames of the curtain wall and another for the panels, the same happens with objects, you can not override just one material of one part of the object, As far as I know, I hope to be wrong, and if I'm right I hope they keep developing GO for the next versions of Archicad to be able to do this.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the response. Yeah, it looks like graphic overrides are for the whole element. I think we're going to have to use specific materials in our model to assign different opacities and colors on the elevations/sections