Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Graphic Overrides on LAYOUT????

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
So I am working on a project I just ported over from 22 to 23 this morning...

I have a PDF on a LAYOUT and I'm add TEXT LABEL and TEXT and LINES as a redline...
While I'm drawing (earlier) everything was in RED...
I had to break away and do some other "chores" and came back to this layout...

Now ALL THE TEXT is BLACK!
If I select the Label, its info palette shows that everything SHOULD be RED.
But if I HOVER over a label, it tells me what kind of element it is (label) … what layer it's on …
AND that the GRAPHIC OVERRIDE -- ALL BLACK is on...

I cannot find a way to turn off this override?
Not at the ELEMENT LEVEL... not at the LAYOUT level...

If I go back to the 2d Plan... that override is NOT active... And changing to NO OVERRIDES does nothing...

I'm guessing there's some new feature that I don't know about....

Any help is appreciated...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
15 REPLIES 15
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
So after finding the original OFFENDING GO Rule and deleting... all was well... for a while (not even a day)..

It soon picked up another RULE and turned everything GREY (based on the rule)...

Good news is that the POP UP INFO PALETTE let's me know which RULE it is...

Now, instead of deleting that rule, I update it to NOT INCLUDE anything on the ARCHICAD LAYER (you could make a LAYOUT NOTES layer as well)...

This seems to work.. I have no ideal WHY it picks ONE OF THE RULES and applies it to all LAYOUT ELEMENTS? Of note, it DOES override TITLE TYPES... so if the rule disables FILLS or changes pens, it will affect those items.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
I´m so glad i found this post, I have the exact same problem in a Teamwork Project migrated from 22 to 23.
All Elements on Layout are turned black and transparent, which renders a bunch of Layouts useless.

Will try the "exclude Archicad layer" now, since everything added on layouts is on Archicad layer anyway.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Happened to me too. This is a horrible bug!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same bug, and I can't seem to fix it!
Anonymous
Not applicable
and thanks for bringing that up cause I was losing my mind here!
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi All,

Thank you for reporting the issue and I am sorry about the experience!

This is a known defect to us, which is caused by any Graphic Override Combination that includes rule Fill Background - Transparent. If you remove this rule from the combination, the elements in layouts will not have their pens overridden!

This defect is scheduled to be fixed in the second update of ARCHICAD 23. Until then, I can only suggest using the above method in order to avoid this issue!

Thank you all for your understanding and contribution to the forum! I wish you all a great week ahead!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT