BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Graphic override - associative dimensions and labels

Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be great to highlight labels that are associative/ independent and similarly dimensions that are static or have become disconnected.
This wish is connected somewhat to our detailing of mods, patches, annotation overlays where it's helpful to quickly audit a view to see what's accurate.
What I'm really looking for is what labels read element ID, and what dimensions are misplaced/ custom or broken.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Let me just post a screenshot of the solution to the first question.
So, it is possible to create a Graphic Override Rule, which would take of Dimension and Level Dimension type elements, the "Annotation State" of which is "Static". This means those Level Dimension elements the "Static Level" toggle of which is ON. It also means those Dimension elements the "Static Dimension" toggle of which is ON, and even those Dimension elements where you have selected one or more Dimension Points of a Dimension Chain and toggled the "Static Dimension" toggle ON only for those Dimension Points. So if at least one Dimension Point of a Dimension element is "Static", the criteria will be met.

The Override Rule in this example overrides the Pen of the whole Dimension to Red. The reason it overrides the whole Dimension element is because Graphic Overrides can only override whole elements, they cannot override only parts or individual Components of an element.

About the second wish: that would be great as well.
We would need another Criteria in the Graphic Override Criteria Panel. It should be called "Dimension Text" or similar, and its two possible states should be "Measured Value" or "Custom Text".
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Eduardo Rolon
That can be done now for non-assoc Labels and Dims, the setting is "Annotation State"
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

runxel
Legend
ejrolon wrote:
That can be done now for non-assoc Labels and Dims, the setting is "Annotation State"
Yeah thats nice, but what I would like to have is a criteria to select all dims that have a custom text! This is not available at the moment – causing some pain!
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Let me just post a screenshot of the solution to the first question.
So, it is possible to create a Graphic Override Rule, which would take of Dimension and Level Dimension type elements, the "Annotation State" of which is "Static". This means those Level Dimension elements the "Static Level" toggle of which is ON. It also means those Dimension elements the "Static Dimension" toggle of which is ON, and even those Dimension elements where you have selected one or more Dimension Points of a Dimension Chain and toggled the "Static Dimension" toggle ON only for those Dimension Points. So if at least one Dimension Point of a Dimension element is "Static", the criteria will be met.

The Override Rule in this example overrides the Pen of the whole Dimension to Red. The reason it overrides the whole Dimension element is because Graphic Overrides can only override whole elements, they cannot override only parts or individual Components of an element.

About the second wish: that would be great as well.
We would need another Criteria in the Graphic Override Criteria Panel. It should be called "Dimension Text" or similar, and its two possible states should be "Measured Value" or "Custom Text".
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is great! Thanks for the info.
These little checks make my life so much easier.
Best of luck on the second point.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, that is a wish, because currently it is not possible to do, there is no Graphic Override Rule criterion for it.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi All,

I hope you are doing well in these trying times!

Thank you very much for sharing your wish!

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it into our WishList database (please refer to it as Wish #12714). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Stress Co_
Advisor
runxel wrote:
Yeah thats nice, but what I would like to have is a criteria to select all dims that have a custom text! This is not available at the moment – causing some pain!
Workaround.
As a rule. When I change a dimension from "measured" to "custom",
I also change the text pen to one which is Red in my View pen set
and black in Layout pen set.
I can always see which dimensions are custom.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds a lot more friendly than banning custom or static dimensions with the threat of cutting people's fingers off.
Eduardo Rolon
DWilson wrote:
Sounds a lot more friendly than banning custom or static dimensions with the threat of cutting people's fingers off.
Actually no.
Finger cutting is a lot less stressful.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Learn and get certified!