Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Graphic override on column is not working

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I am applying graphic override on a elevation Over uncut lines. It's working fine for wall,
slab & beam. But for column it's nit working.
For catagory i choose 'All tyoes' so there should remain be no issue. ARE there any possibility thus override can't work on uncut column line? Or the issue is something else? please let me know ur opinion.

Avi
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
It would help us if you share a screenshot of your View GO Rules.
Paul King
Advisor
I am having a similar problem - though in my case I am trying to override the background fill of only one of the surfaces in my multi segment columns. If a column contains the surface, the entire column appearance is changed, not just the intended surface
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop
Barry Kelly
Paul wrote:
I am having a similar problem - though in my case I am trying to override the background fill of only one of the surfaces in my multi segment columns. If a column contains the surface, the entire column appearance is changed, not just the intended surface

Graphic overrides will affect the entire element.
They can not override just the sub elements.
It is like with a wall, if you override one surface on the wall, all of the wall surfaces will be overridden with the GO.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
A way to 'cheat' past this, is to set the other elements surfaces to a solid fill with a white pen in the surface settings. When printing you will not see any difference between this and an empty fill with an empty background. Since you only override the background pen and you are then using a solid white foreground, the end result is the same.

We use this 'cheat' to have vectorial hatch patterns with background pens without using the colours defined by the internal engine.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Paul King
Advisor
Thanks. Ended up doing something quite similar !
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop