Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Graphic schedule, morphs, plan, elevation 3d

Foti
Enthusiast
Hello

I have a graphic presentation question, my building is structural stone blocs. Each block is modelled using morphs, as this allows me to shape each bloc as needed. Each bloc gets an ID and then I would need to represent each block in elevation plan axo to get all measurements to send out to quarry. I have done this before when it was very simple, i would copy all the blocks far away make 3d vies for each one. But I have over 2000 pieces, can archicad schedule and view the morphs? Any suggestion? Would I have to have to copy each block, and make several 3d views and each view on a sheet?

see attached images, excuse the last one just a really quick idea.

I am on AC22 at the moment.
Foti B.

AC25
PC Precison 5760, Xeon 11955, 64GB, Nvidia RTX A3000
10 REPLIES 10
Hello FFFFF,

Nice project !

You should create gsm object instead of morph to duplicate these bricks.
To do your own object you do not have to write GDL code.
Select your morph and clic here :

Your first object will be saved into your PLN library or where you want.

Doing a schedule about these objects will be very easy and your file will be probably lighter
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Foti
Enthusiast
Hi Christopher,

I really need to change my display name not sure how to do that.
That's a great idea thank you. So i guess if the morph has to change then I would need to make a new gsm object every time it changes correct?
Foti B.

AC25
Foti
Enthusiast
Hi

OK this is going in the right direction. figured out the graphic over ride in schedule now I just need to figure out the scale. And to my previous question, that very interesting i can push and pull the face with the gsm object, it is a simple cube but for now its a good exploration.
Foti B.

AC25
A_ Smith
Expert
FFFFF wrote:
can archicad schedule and view the morphs?
I am on AC22 at the moment.
Yes, it can. Simply create a new schedule (Schedule -> Elements -> right mouse button -> new). Add type element - morph, if you need - add storey and layers (at the top window). At the bottom window you can add element's ID, volume, quantity (in the schedule put checkmark for "Merge Uniform Items" - if you have some same parameter for the same morphs - colour or smth else) and sadly ONLY 3D-isometric view, idk why AC doesn't display side views.

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/88915/#XREF_47870_Open_a_Schedule
AC 22, 24 | Win 10
FFFFF wrote:
So i guess if the morph has to change then I would need to make a new gsm object every time it changes correct?
Hello,

You are able to put all your objects into only one of them.
Try this object I've made and tell me what do you need more.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5f5mv1dgw4jvd4u/Block.gsm?dl=0
Christophe - FRANCE

"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
FFFFF wrote:
I really need to change my display name not sure how to do that.
I invite you to use Element ID like its name.
Finaly you are able to use label tool to make Element ID (name) visible on views.
Christophe - FRANCE

Foti
Enthusiast
Hello Christophe,

Thank you so much for that gsm object, I will have to rethink how I manage the blocks from the begging, thanks to your workflow.
The gsm block is good for the simple ones, but I get complex geometries and plan to push it more.

(I invite you to use Element ID like its name.
Finally you are able to use label tool to make Element ID (name) visible on views. )

Sorry i don't know what you mean by this, I am currently assigning a 4 digit number to each block, that way it can get tracked from the quarry.
Foti B.

AC25
Hello. FFFFF,
I invite you to use Element ID like its name.
Each block (morph, object, wall, slab, etc.) have a Element ID like into the orange rectangle :

Finally you are able to use label tool to make Element ID (name) visible on views.
With this tool ...

..by this way....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_fzZXLcniE&ab_channel=ARCHICAD
Christophe - FRANCE

Foti
Enthusiast
Hey Christophe

yes yes I have a label ID all set up, the IFC is something I havent touched yet.

Thank you for the info.
Foti B.

AC25