Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Graphics Override of Composite Skins

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to override in plan the different skins of a composite wall or complex profile, or does the override apply to the entire composite or complex profile?
17 REPLIES 17
Barry Kelly
You can set the criteria to find a particular fill used in the skin of a composite, but unfortunately any overrides will apply to the entire composite and not just that skin.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry,

Thanks.
runxel
Legend
There is a very dirty workaround. Might not be suitable for production...
But it works.

(Sorry for german text; easy to figure out, tho)
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Anonymous
Not applicable
Runxel,

Thank you. It is very interesting. I wonder if you could show how you created the override rule, and even if it is in German, someone may be able to explain it.
runxel
Legend
Since you cant override the transparent pen (0), you would assign this pen to the background of a BMAT.
The GO itself is very easy. It's just overriding the background pen to blue (the fill is set to "Only background" obviously).
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Anonymous
Not applicable
Runxel,

Thanks for further explaining the override, but my question is how do you even select the individual skins in order to override them separately in the first place.
Barry Kelly
Cheikh wrote:
Runxel,

Thanks for further explaining the override, but my question is how do you even select the individual skins in order to override them separately in the first place.
You can't.
It still overrides all skins - just not those with a transparent background.

So all you can do is make sure the composite uses building materials that use cut fills that have a transparent background pen for all those skins you do not want to change.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry,

Got it. Thanks.
squall_tmo
Booster
I know that my answer is a little stupid, and maybe a little late too, but why don't you "explode" your plan into a Worksheet?

this way you can create a rule to override the skin you want.