BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Grid Tool Bug? Text rotated on sheet layout

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sheet layout has a number of drawings placed on it. The grid and section text is inconsisently missing/rotated.

Anyone else encountering this? Help?
5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon
You can mirror those Grids so that they show on top if they do not match the settings. The sections are weird and look like a bug or that you are using a custom part that did not like the copy/paste.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi! Thanks for your comment, not sure I understand why/how mirroring would help, can you elaborate?

With respect to the section, it is the standard "Built-in Section Marker"

Things I've tried are:

- Kept the sheet and deleted the drawings/ reinserted them from the view
- deleted the sheet altogether and reinserted the drawings from the view
- tried inserting each drawing individually instead of copying

I'm sure its a bug, anyone have a workaround?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry, a further (maybe crucial) note. It seems to be related to the 1st & 2nd stories of the project. The project has one level of undergound parking with two towers linked in the middle by a shorter 1 story building. I have customized the grid tool so that the grid lines in the middle building are not visible on the 3rd story and up.

Thoughts?
Eduardo Rolon
You can mirror the Grids so that they show the Number in a different site and that can solve some of your problems.

Second item to check (this is a long shot) is the rotation of the view.

Third item is to change the font of the object to see if something got corrupted there.

AFAIK this is not a common problem, so there might be human error involved. There might be a setting in the 2 stories that is different than others, first guess is the font. Turning off grid elements so as not to show on other stories create this error.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think I may have resolved this issue by reducing the number of nodes on the edge of the drawing... I had a section marker in the way (I need it in the plan for other purposes) so I had cut around the edge of it by adding nodes and offsetting the drawing edge to cut around the marker.

Hoping this holds!
Learn and get certified!