Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Grid tool and section marker display in section windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been playing with some of the new feature in 10 and have a few questions that I have not been able to figure out. It appears that the view of the grid lines in the sect/elev window is controled individually within the setting dialog for each sect/elev window. This however is confusing, since some of these controls are adjusted by selecting the grid lines and using the grid line settings. Does anyone know of a way to make changes globally to all (or selected) sect/elev windows. I am having trouble figuring out how the grid lines is placed vertically relative to the position of the model. Without making any changes to the default setting the gird lines were placed 50 - 100' below my zero elevation of story one.

In addition I have tried to find the control which will allow me to see my section markers in the sect/elev window but have been unsuccessful. A search of the help menu and the manual has not helped. I recall that this was supposedly implemented in 10 and am excited about the feature. Thanks for any help you can provide.
91 REPLIES 91
Anonymous
Not applicable
Look for a setting in the dialog that shows on the "floor plan - section" part of the dialog that has a marker selection box - if it is on the right - click that one off.

Lew Bishop
Dual 2.0 G5 4GB nvidia 6800
AC10 - OSX 10.4.6
15" PB 1.5 for home
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry about the incomplete reply: in the dialog find the marker selection and choose which end of the grid to place the bubble. One off - one on - or both if you want.

Lew Bishop
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, I have both on in floor plan but they are at the bottom in section.

I can get them to the top by entering a negative number in the parameter_geometry_length but the line ends up bisecting the bubble...
Anonymous
Not applicable
g.h.design wrote:
Yeah, I have both on in floor plan but they are at the bottom in section.

I can get them to the top by entering a negative number in the parameter_geometry_length but the line ends up bisecting the bubble...
Select the grid lines while in the sect/elev window and adjust the same setting that you use in the floor plan view to control which side the marker is on. Although it appears that this will change your floor plan display, it only affects the markers in the sect/elev window.
grid settings.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
The grid tool must be very comfortable, but it is very uncomfortable to adjust it.
GS, pleas show some clear advice with pictures, if moderator from GS still lives here
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am afraid windows version doesn't have that available in the section window... only symbol attributes and cut surfaces attributes under "floor plan and section" toggle.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here are windows 'Grid Setting'...

I drew a red line to the setting that moves the bubble in relation to the anchor point. I have to manually move the anchor points to my desired location. Still, I can only get the bubbles to work on the bottom.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I just played with it a bit more and it seems to work for me (so far anyway).

I tried adjusting the gridlines in the S/E window, by the pet palette, by the marquee *and* the pet palette, by selecting them in S/E and adjusting their settings under the Floor Plan and Section tab, and that seems to accomplish the adjusting OK.

To stop it updating upon a change to the model, I just tried locking them (Edit > Locking > Lock). Hopefully there's an easier way, but it looks like it can be done?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
g.h.design wrote:
I am afraid windows version doesn't have that available in the section window... only symbol attributes and cut surfaces attributes under "floor plan and section" toggle.
Now that is consistency for you. I hope when I get these set in my template they will transfer to windows users without incidence...
Aussie John
Newcomer
I have never used the tool but you may have to rotate it to get the numbers right way up
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]