Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Grids in Section / Elevation

vfrontiers
Enthusiast

Just wanted to point out what I consider a BUG in the grid display...

When setting up a section, you can set the HEIGHT of the Bubble...

When you are actually IN THE SECTION WINDOW, this height is FROM 0'-0"...

But when the section is placed on a layout, the height changes to FROM BOTTOM OF SECTION...

This is a coordination nightmare! as keynotes and dimensions that look fine in the actual section window ... collide when viewed on the layout...

Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
5 REPLIES 5
vfrontiers
Enthusiast

VF_GridMarker 26.JPG

 Here's an exhibit of the issue

Duane

Visual Frontiers

Weird! I can't reproduce this in AC 26 USA Build 5002, Duane.  I get the same result in section view and on Layout.  Wonder if there is some weird drawing setting?  What happens if you temporarily create an extra layout and drag the section view onto it to get a fresh drawing with all of the View settings?  Of course, that will use the defaults of the Drawing Tool, which could be where the issue is (though I cannot imagine how/why).

I can't think of what could possibly make the bubbles move, as they are not aware of being in a drawing/layout anyway other than scale dependent text.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Hey Karl!

Make sure you have a LIMITED section height (not infinite)...

I will check in other projects tomorrow... I don't use grids that often (never), but it was glaring when trying to add keynotes around the grid markers...

Duane

Visual Frontiers

I Suppose I should have said, make sure the LIMITED Section in height should NOT start at 0.

It is clear, dimensionally, that in the section it measures from the 0,0 plane and in the layout it is measuring from the BOTTOM of limited section line..

IMHO, too coincidental to be a MARKER SIZE / SCALE issue.

Duane

Visual Frontiers

Hi Duane,

Did you ever figure this out? I seem to be having the same issue. I have all of my building sections modeled with the exact same limited view extents, yet the grid bubbles do not align from view to view!