Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

HELP!! recommended setting for rendering in cinerender

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi, im a new user and i need some help on the rendering. Why i took 4 hours to render a image in A4 size with 100dpi? it took way too long to render an image when i just bought a powerful cpu to support the rendering. Are there any recommended settings or recommended size and dpi for the rendering and yet i still can get a good image.
2 REPLIES 2
Eduardo Rolon
First, Powerfull CPU is a relative term without knowing what it is. One Powerfull CPU might not be as fast as 8 Wimpy ones.

Second, 4 hours for rendering a complex project with grass, reflections ant trees is fast but taking 4 hours to render one cube is too long.

Third, there are base settings with Cinerender always start with the particular one (night, midday, etc.) that says "FAST" for that case (exterior, interior). If it looks good the you are done.

Fourth, this is not magic and to takes time, when I started renderings used to take 24 hours for a basic 4"x6" 150DPI image. So for me 4 hrs is fast.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Gus
Newcomer
You can set your ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Profile so that it lists what type of computer you are using, what version of the software you are using. What type of CPU you are using, how much RAM your machine has, etc. If you look at posts by other people you will see what I mean. This way people won't have to ask you all the time what you are using. They will automatically see it on your posts. If you open a 3D view. Then Document/Creative Imaging/PhotoRender Settings. Then next to where it says Scene pull down that menu and select "Select and Manage Scenes" Then pick one that looks good. If you are indoors pick "Indoor Daylight Fast" but don't hit the render button on the bottom yet. First click in the big rectangle at the top of the window the the circular arrows in it. This is a quick render to get a preview of what your render will look like with those scene settings. Do that with a bunch of them and find ones you like. If you need to tweak it after that then do so, and after you make the tweaks make sure you go back to the Scene pull down and "Store Scene As" and give it a name. If you don't do this you will lose your settings you just created.
www.michaelgustavson.com Architect NY WI IL
Madison WI
Archicad21 MEP EcoDesSTAR Win10-64-bit
EliteBook8570W Corei7-3630QM@2.40GHz
QuadroK2000m RAM32 (2)250GBSSDs
4 Monitors Internet:4Up60Down