Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Hatched fills for renovation override styles dont work[AC17]

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

As an archicad user of several years of experience I normally do not run into problems I cannot solve. However this problem one has taken almost a working day and still was not able to solve. I have attached 6 screenshots to aid in explaining the issue.

I am attempting to override all of the new (renovation type) walls with a hatched fill style. Instead, I get a solid black wall (see first screenshot in the attachment). The two upper walls are demolished and existing walls, and are not part of this issue (we want them to look like that).

It happens despite that I have double triple checked any other settings that could affect the cut wall visibility including renovation filter options and style (screenshot 2), model view options (screenshot 3), view settings (screenshot 4), and work Environment (screenshot 5).

The strange thing is that if I drag one of the endpoints of the wall to somewhere else (screenshot 6) then the new position of the wall displays correctly until I zoom in and out and the visible objects on screen update.

Also, if I create a new file from scratch and adjust the renovation filters/model view options and then copy the affected walls into the new file (which uses the same libraries), then the walls display as they should. However, starting from scratch is not an option for our company and we would like to continue working on the same file.

I have done a search and read about a similar issue in earlier versions where if you have an empty or 25% or 50% fill then renovation override fills do not work. However, we use Archicad 17 and this issue affects all walls in the project.
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
renovation filter options and style are correct (screenshot 2)
Anonymous
Not applicable
model view options are correct (screenshot 3)
03.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
view settings of the project are correct (screenshot 4), although this issue persists throughout the file
Anonymous
Not applicable
no obscure visibility settings are set in the work Environment (screenshot 5)
Anonymous
Not applicable
And finally, the strange thing is that if I drag one of the endpoints of the wall to somewhere else (screenshot 6) then the new position of the wall displays correctly until I zoom in and out and the visible objects on screen update.

This screenshot was taken Before zooming in and out and right after moving one of the endpoints. The desired behavior (hatched/striped wall) is clearly visible.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thought I might include a 7th screenshot about the wall's 2d pen/display just in case.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you ever get to the bottom of this problem? I am experiencing exactly the same thing but in version 18
Barry Kelly
I am not seeing this in 18 (haven't checked earlier versions).

What is the spacing of your hatch pattern?
Is it set to 'scale independent' or 'scale with plan'?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11