Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Header Footer box in pint dialog box

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like to set the header/ footer box in the print dialog window such that the printer always prints the time and date on drawings. Is there a way to keep the header/ footer box always checked as a default instead of having to check the box every time you print.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
It does persist during a session (on the Mac anyway, not sure about Windows) but not from one session to the next. There's no way around this either as far as I know.

It would be nice to have printer presets like InDesign, but I think that is a rather big deal to implement.

Printer drivers have come a long way since the early days of the Chooser, and (in DOS) of having to buy a special program to print (called Sideways) to print landscape orientation. But they still have a long way to go.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I forgot to post that I am on a PC not a Mac (unfortunately). I guess maybe this option can be added in some future version. It is very helpful to see the date on all things one prints to know what predates what and it allows one to stack prints chronologically. I guess I will have to remember to check the box each time I start a new session. I happen to be human so I often forget. Thanks for your help anyway.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another option is to print everything from PlotMaker with a date stamp on the master layout.

You can also use a day & time stamp library part in ArchiCAD but this seems like too much trouble and generally bad form. I prefer to do ALL printing from PlotMaker anyway. It's made for it, ArchiCAD really isn't.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I know about the date stamp in plotmaker. I usually make prints (printing to printer not plotter) in ArchCad while I am working in the model and only want to see a small part of the plan, section/ elevation or 3D view. I only use plotmaker when I am plotting sheets. Maybe I should be considering your suggestion but I find plotmaker a bit clumsy. Thanks again for the help.