Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Height x Width in window schedule

tjmillar
Enthusiast
I want to add Nominal H x W size to my door & window schedule, instead of W x H. There's no option for that in the Add Field list. My current workaround is to list height and width separately. There is an option in the markers to switch the display order of the dimensions but I can't find a way to do a similar thing in the schedule.
AC26 Australia, Windows 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
As you have discovered the only choice you have is WxH or separate fields for each.

The only other way is to create a property with expression that creates the HxW as you want.
Then associate that property with all window objects and schedule that property instead of the WxH field.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Barry Kelly
As you have discovered the only choice you have is WxH or separate fields for each.

The only other way is to create a property with expression that creates the HxW as you want.
Then associate that property with all window objects and schedule that property instead of the WxH field.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry

Are you able to give a little bit of context as to how you create the Property so that you can get HxW. I have fumbled around for a little while now but with no success.
Barry Kelly
greatman61 wrote:
Barry

Are you able to give a little bit of context as to how you create the Property so that you can get HxW. I have fumbled around for a little while now but with no success.

In the Property manager you create a new property.
Set it as an 'Expression' wit a data type of 'String'.
Create the expression - you will have to convert the height and width to string values and concatenate them together with your delimiter - can all be done in one expression.

Now you assign this property to your door and window classifications

Make sure your placed door and windows have one of these classifications.

Now those doors and windows will have a property that automatically show the 'Height x Width'.
Now you can schedule that property.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27