Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Help need! How to keep same TEXT Properties in the TEXT label of the AREA Calculation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Guys,
Can you please help me with how to keep the exact properties of the calculations for every time?

lets say Area calculations ..what i want to do IF you want to keep the TEXT properties of the label same for every calculation i'm making after i do the first adjustment?
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
From these two sentences I could not figure out what exactly the issue is. Could you explain it a bit more or post some screenshots that show the results.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
LaszloNagy wrote:
From these two sentences I could not figure out what exactly the issue is. Could you explain it a bit more or post some screenshots that show the results.
Hi Laszlo , Thank you very much for the reply,

As you can see in the image01 whenever i calculate the area it has the default properties for the label of the calculated area,, Then i adjust it to the size and the style i want,

after that when i'm doing the same area calculation on same project, it's again got the default settings of the label.

I want to know how i can keep the adjusted Test properties for all of future calculations of the project i'm working on,

Otherwise, i'll have to change it to the desired size and shape every time i'm making a area calculation using fill Tool.

Image links : https://ibb.co/GMSPBv3 >>> https://ibb.co/d6yJhzS
Barry Kelly
You could ALT+click an existing label and it should set the default label settings to match the one you click, then add new labels.

Or you can set up a favourite for the label and that will remember the text size and style.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Barry, I think these are not Labels. These are Dimension Texts and they are Area Texts of Fills, which use the default settings of the Linear Dimension Tool.

So the solution is to go to the Linear Dimension Tool's Settings Dialog, set the text to the desired settings (also probably useful to save it as a Favorite), click OK to accept changes, and then place those Fills with the Area Text.
Or if you already have Fills with Area Text, then select all those Fills, turn off the "Show Area Text" checkbox (all Area Texts will disappear) and then turn on again the "Show Area Text" checkbox, and the Area Text of all those Fills will appear with the settings currently active for the Linear Dimension Tool.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27