Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

Hide Change Marker for new layouts

stigbangkrogh
Contributor

Hi all, we often have to create a new Layout after we have sent out multiple Transmittal Sets. And it's often a View that contains "old" already transmitted Changes we need to place on this new Layout, meaning that "old" Change Markers and Clouds will show up on the new Layout.

The Changes doesn't show in the Revision History Object, because we have deselected "Include first revision", and that just what we intend, that looks correct. But how do we get rid of the Change Markers and Clouds on the new Layout? Its supposed to look like a new drawing without any revisions to it yet.

It's like this regardless if we choose "none" in the Transmittal Set "Show markers" fold down thingy.

I know we can archive and delete Changes, but we like to be able to go back and find them. I also know we can hide on a layer with a date, but that shouldn't be necessary I think.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Following some of you logic, I was able to create what I was looking for: A new Layout without Revision Clouds and with a clean/empty Revision History Object. Here's how:

1. Set the Revision History Object to hide the first revision.
  2. Create a new Transmittal Set only for the new Layouts. Set the Show Markers to "None".
  3. Add the new Layouts to the new Transmittal Set. 

By doing this the Revision Clouds are hidden and the Revision History Object is clean/empty. If you go to Layout Settings, you are still able to see all the "old" revisions which was hidden in the first transmittal. 

Turned out to be really easy, just needed to get the workflow correct and change the Revision History Object settings. 

Thanks for all the help to all.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Screenshot 2022-08-29 at 10.46.02.pngScreenshot 2022-08-29 at 10.48.41.pngIf you click Layout Revisions it will display all of the changes associated to the layout. You can delete them by clicking the cross. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

Yes, and that removes the text from the Revision History Object, but the clouds are still there, and that's the problem.

Thank you for your reply.

That may be a bug then as if there are no revisions then the clouds shouldn't be displaying. That being said, they are linked to the view. I don't really use the clouds so I'll have a look and see if I can figure anything out.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
stigbangkrogh
Contributor

I should probably say that this has been an issue since the Revision tools were implemented, we are currently working in AC25. 

DGSketcher
Legend

@stigbangkrogh Is this what you are looking for...

Show marker settingsShow marker settings

More info available in Help: Managing Transmittal Sets 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Hi, thank you for your reply. I am aware of this, but it doesn't remove the clouds as I would think is intended. I would think, like Lee, that when you remove the Change via the Layout Settings, then the clouds would disappear also, but this is not the case.

I have tried a lot of workarounds, but it seems you are not able to get rid of old revision clouds on a new layout. Maybe I should clarify the process her:

1. Sending out multiple Transmittal Sets with revisions to "Floorplan 01", no problems, everything works as it should.

2. We then have a need to create a new Layout showing e.g. part of "Floorplan 01" with some extra text or dimensions.

3. When we place the View onto a new Layout, then the old already transmitted revision clouds from point 1 show up on the Layout. The Revision History Object doesn't show the Change text, since we have deselected "include first revision" in its settings, so it does what it is supposed to do. 

4. When we publish the new Layout, the "old" revision clouds are present, but the text in the Revision History Object is not. 

How do we ged rid of the revision clouds on this new Layout? It's a new drawing, it shouldn't have any revisions on it yet.

If the "New" layout with the partial view of "Floorplan 01" is in a new Transmittal Set on its own, then setting the Show Markers to "...latest..." should be hiding all the old clouds and this is a potential bug that should be reported through your local support if they are still visible.

If the "New" layout with partial view of "Floorplan 01" is in a new Transmittal set which also containing the existing full view of "Floorplan 01" with new changes, then those Views form a conflict of interests between the Change Cloud display requirements. AC will only rebuild the Drawing View once prior to publishing.

If the second case is true I think the only way to manage it would be with a duplicate Layer Combination of the one used for "Floorplan 01" which hides a separate layer containing your revision clouds.

From a personal perspective I struggled with the "Include First Revision" option in the Revision History object. My conclusion was to have it show all revisions and each new layout is tagged with a change note "First Issue". Never had a complaint from my clients or problems with missing or unexpected change numbering. I have found you can apply an archived change note to new layouts so my first change note reference is always "01"  

Hope that helps.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Solution

Following some of you logic, I was able to create what I was looking for: A new Layout without Revision Clouds and with a clean/empty Revision History Object. Here's how:

1. Set the Revision History Object to hide the first revision.
  2. Create a new Transmittal Set only for the new Layouts. Set the Show Markers to "None".
  3. Add the new Layouts to the new Transmittal Set. 

By doing this the Revision Clouds are hidden and the Revision History Object is clean/empty. If you go to Layout Settings, you are still able to see all the "old" revisions which was hidden in the first transmittal. 

Turned out to be really easy, just needed to get the workflow correct and change the Revision History Object settings. 

Thanks for all the help to all.