BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Hide a Window or Door.

Eman
Contributor

How can I make a window or door visible in elevation and hidden in plans? I can do it only by adding a fill in plans over the window/door to hide it, but is there a better way to do it by any settings?

Eman / Draftsman
Works at an Architects Company using ArchiCad 21
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz, 8.00 GB, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

You can set your wall and window to 'Projected' or 'Projected with Overhead' floor plan display settings.

Then adjust your Floor Plan Cutting Plane so it is either completely above of completely below your window.

Play around with a mixture of these combinations as you will get slightly different results depending on what they are.

For example if the window is 'Projected' only and it is above the cutting plane you won't be able to select it at all in plan as it will just not be there.

However if it is below the cutting plan and you know where it is, you can still select it but the corner nodes.

But be aware adjusting the Floor Plan Cutting Plane may affect how other elements appear.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

You could control the visibility of it using a custom renovation filter. You can select the window and tell it to only show on a particular filter which is associated to your elevations view.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
BrunoH
Expert

Hi,

Or you can set the 2D Detail Level of the window to "Without"

ArchiCad 3.43 to 26
MacOS Monterey
Solution
Barry Kelly

You can set your wall and window to 'Projected' or 'Projected with Overhead' floor plan display settings.

Then adjust your Floor Plan Cutting Plane so it is either completely above of completely below your window.

Play around with a mixture of these combinations as you will get slightly different results depending on what they are.

For example if the window is 'Projected' only and it is above the cutting plane you won't be able to select it at all in plan as it will just not be there.

However if it is below the cutting plan and you know where it is, you can still select it but the corner nodes.

But be aware adjusting the Floor Plan Cutting Plane may affect how other elements appear.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
Eman
Contributor

Hi Barry, yes I set wall and window to 'Projected with Overhead' floor plan display settings and now the window is not showing in the plans exactly as I wanted. Thanks very much.

Eman / Draftsman
Works at an Architects Company using ArchiCad 21
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz, 8.00 GB, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
matthewsantana
Participant

There is a setting to hide windows and doors in floor plan in the Model View Options. Much easier than changing the settings of the doors and floor plan cut plane. 

@matthewsantana wrote:

There is a setting to hide windows and doors in floor plan in the Model View Options. Much easier than changing the settings of the doors and floor plan cut plane. 

But this will hide ALL doors and windows, not just specific ones.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
Learn and get certified!