Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Document & Visualize forum

Hiding Detail / Worksheet Boundary Line

scottjm
Enthusiast

Hi All,

When creating a detail or a worksheet from a floorplan, a dashed boundary line is placed at the marker range boundary. 

I swear I had seen an option in the past to turn this off, but can't find it.  Was I imagining this?

I can't even see what settings actually dictate the boundary line being drawn to be able preset it as a white or invisible linetype.

We are using worksheet to create room layouts (about 100-200), and the addition of that line is affecting the visual output of the drawing, so needs to be removed (refer snip below).  We currently doing it manually, but it's a massive timesink as it keeps adding it everytime we rebuild from source.

I attempted to use a GO to hide it, but it seems GO's don't actually play properly with details or worksheets. 🤦‍♂️

Thanks,

Scott

scottjm_0-1655261940956.png

AC13 - AC23.7000 / AC25.5010
Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe
3 REPLIES 3

Barry Kelly

I never use worksheets or details (very rarely), but I am sure there used to be a setting in the tool to turn that boundary line on or off.

Seems now it is in the Work Environment.

Maybe it was there all the time and not actually in the tool settings.

BarryKelly_0-1655264026394.png

This will affect new worksheets/details that you place.

Existing ones you will have to 're-build from source view'

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 25
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Dell Precision 3510 - i7 6820HQ @ 2.70GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro W5130M, Windows 10

scottjm
Enthusiast

Thanks so much Barry!

🤦‍  I would say why didn't I think of looking there, but to be honest, it's feel like it's quite an arbitrary location for that setting!

I went on a mission to find out when they moved it.  I only have access to workspace back to 15 and the setting is in there.  Maybe I did imagine it...

Thanks again! 😊

AC13 - AC23.7000 / AC25.5010
Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

The reason this setting may be in the Work Environment Dialog is because Archicad program designers felt this is a setting specific to the user rather than a setting specific to the Project. I mean, the Work Environment stores settings the user sets to their own preference and that is how they want it to work in all Projects. If you think about it that way, I would say the Work Environment Dialog is its proper place (even if it is a bit hidden).

....................................................................................................
Get Archicad Tips at https://twitter.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen 1700X CPU, 48 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), WIN10 PRO ENG, AC20-AC25
Loving Archicad since 1995

Start a new conversation!

Labels

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!